Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Wednesday September 2, 2020 at 12:26 PM

1955 Cadillac Eldorado, an entry level kit from New Ray (pic)
I found this one while hunting for parts recently, and, waiting for paint to dry, I spent a few minutes with it today.

I used two tools: a small philips head screwdriver and a small hammer to tap the wheels onto the axles. No glue, no paint (even though the interior calls loudly for help).

Considering that it has taken twice as long to post this as it did to build it, I know it won't shake any tremors into collectors. But it's kind of fun and at a very low cost if you can find any of these older kits. The Mustangs are IMO more accurate, and here's a Pontiac that I probably will never touch again.

One last look, and it's probably the first and last time this model will show up on the august Forum 43. Enjoy!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1955 Cadillac Eldorado, an entry level kit from New Ray (pic) by David Holcombe #28692
Nice car, but it's not august. It's september. (EOM) by Richard Nosker #28692.1
"August" as in honorable, high elevation, worthy; with the emphasis on the second syllable. (EOM) by David Holcombe #28692.1.1
I knew what you meant! :) (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #28692.1.1.1
Good one Richard! It's all of you here that make this such an august body in September! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #28692.1.2
Excellent craftsmanship David ;-) ..... at first glance, I thought it was a MOC :-) (EOM) by BenD Lampson #28692.2
Ohh..the humanity..where are the white wall tires.. ? (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #28692.2.1
Make all that yellow white, give it white walls, and there's a decent basic model. (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #28692.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone