Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Friday September 4, 2020 at 11:57 AM

JAGUAR XK 150 Roadster 1950 by Mikansue (and me)- (pics)
I found this as an older, previously built kit, loose in its box with parts missing.

I posted a plea for help here on Forum 43 and kind member John Quilter quickly contributed his expertise and new bumpers joined the stock of parts. He made them himself! (And they are great!)

And I had fun with it. I found parts here and there, mostly in my old parts box. Those with sharp eyes may note some variations, but since the XK 150 Roadster is uncommon (Mikansue, Oxford, Danhausen AMR, ?), maybe not.

I tried inserting black lines on the white joints to add depth to the model, but it just didn't work.

And here are my results:

Maybe not as good as new, but at least it's preserved for now.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

JAGUAR XK 150 Roadster 1950 by Mikansue (and me)- (pics) by David Holcombe #28700
Great job David, I like it. (EOM) by Shel Platt #28700.1
Nicely done,always appreciate a model of that vintage being preserved.. (EOM) by Laurence Kemling #28700.2
Nice job. I'd love to know how John Quilter makes bumpers. (EOM) by Richard Nosker #28700.3
These bumpers were made from two pieces of eletrical by John Quilter #28700.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone