Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Friday September 4, 2020 at 4:35 PM

The site Conceptcarz has some information and several pictures of
the original. Here's some of it:

"Paul Farago's resume included work with Dual-Ghia and was a respected engineer and designer. His work impacted designs both in Europe and the United States. Farago had worked with Virgil Exner in developing the Chrysler/Ghia concept cars and was also the chief engineer for the Dual Ghia project. He later designed the Ghia L6.4 built for some of the Hollywood elite.
"This very special car was brought about as a result of a special request by John DeLorean while he was head of the Pontiac Motor Division of General Motors. He asked Farago to come up with an exciting car that he could use to tour the world's auto shows and enhance the company's image. Having just left Ghia and setting up shop with Sergio Coggiola, this was the first project for the firm 'Carrozziere Coggiola,' which had opened in Turin in 1966. They would later go on to produce prototypes for many companies, including SAAB, Lancia and Volvo. The current owner is the nephew of Paul Farago."

For more info, see:

https://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z10062/Pontiac-Farago-CF-428.aspx

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

The Pontiac Farago CF 428 is arriving in the US soon. by David Crowe #28699
I like that Pontiac. I've never seen it before. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #28699.1
Like the Cadillac NART, I think the Farago was designed by Europeans. by Don Anderson #28699.2
The site Conceptcarz has some information and several pictures of by David Holcombe #28699.3
Thanks for the info and additional pic. It sort of looks like a flattened out Toronado (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #28699.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone