Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Karl Schnelle
Posted On: Sunday September 6, 2020 at 9:39 AM

White walls or white tires, or how wide should those white walls be? pics
Sorry this is a little bait and switch. I have no white walls, only 3 white-tired Alfas! Thanks to John and Harvey (post), I have the recent Autocult 1921 G1. The original was found in pieces an Australian farm and a body recreated for it (twice now). This is the most recent version that ran in the historic 2014 Mille Miglia.

The G1 was designed by the famous engineer Giuseppe Merosi with a straight-six 6 liter engine of 70HP! Not bad for 1921. Before that, Merosi had done the first real ALFA with 24 HP in 1910. The Torpedo was done recently in blue by Rio (made in Italy). These were still A.L.F.A's because Romeo did not take over until later and renamed the company in 1920.

Finally, here is an old Brumm (Italy) for the 1911 Targa Florio. The 24HP was tuned to 45HP for the corsa version, so a top speed of 110 km/hr could be reached! 68mph - not too shabby!

EXTRA: The speed demon Blitzen Benz has been taken out of the garage!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

White walls or white tires, or how wide should those white walls be? pics by Karl Schnelle #28707
Rio did their G1 with black tires. I looked at period B&W photos and.... by Harvey Goranson #28707.1
Yes, it is a bit odd that both Alfas came out at relatively the same time (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #28707.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone