Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Jean Philippe Sergent
Posted On: Saturday September 12, 2020 at 11:11 PM

Pics. White GLM's 1958 Cadillac Series 75 limousine.
As I have received this wonderful Caddy a few days ago I think she deserves some words and pics to share with the forum. If I recall, it was not presented in white yet.

The last Cadillac I bought was GLM's 1958 Fleetwood 60S and this model was really disappointing, with the entire lower body chromed piece being way to small, (has shrunk actually), with some building quality issues and a light banana shape.

This limousine clearly helps to forget that last purchase...
Although the front bumper is a bit massive, and the fins being slightly too long, the overall shape is absolutely divine. The proportions are generally spot on, making some minor issues almost invisible. That white dress also helps to shape the wonderful curves running all over the car. The scripts, decals, small photo etched parts, door handles and mirrors are perfectly applied on my sample.
The lower body section is now part of the entire body so no more shrinking parts, and it is now silver painted instead of covered with an adhesive. The arch wheels are also painted, probably by pad printing technique, so no risk of a poorly applied adhesive by an unsteady hand. Some might not like that effect, creating a difference in the chrome colours especially around other details treated by chrome adhesives and plastics, but at least no more potential issues. Hopefully the photo-etched windows frame piece will not wave in the months to come...
GLM have also added larger white walls on that final release compares to the first proto samples announced on their website. Way better.

This is a stunning Cadillac and model, and this beauty is not afraid of close up pictures. In black, or white (or both), a true gem to add in a Cadillac collection.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics. White GLM's 1958 Cadillac Series 75 limousine. by Jean Philippe Sergent #28747
It is a beautiful model. I added the white version as well, it came a few weeks ago. by John Merritt #28747.1
Awesome Jean Philippe, good to see less photo-etched, many issue whit them (EOM) by renato camesasca #28747.2
Looks fantastic! (EOM) by Barry Levittan #28747.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone