Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Monday September 14, 2020 at 7:32 AM

If you didn't know already - a quick way to zoom in on an image on a web page
In post #28750 below I mentioned in passing the useful trick of enlarging an on-screen image by holding down the Control ("Ctrl") key while scrolling the wheel on your mouse forward.

It's a nice quick way of getting a closer look at small details without having to download the image and blow it up elsewhere.

Tom Ciryak said his mouse didn't have a scroll wheel (well, Tom, if you will insist on using cheap and nasty equipment...) so I investigated and found that you can get the same effect by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking the "+" key (top row right on the keyboard).

The display size will step up with each click of the key - 110%, 120%, 133%, 150%, 170%, 200%, 250% and 300%, which is the maximum. If you do have a scroll wheel on your mouse you get the benefit of equal 10% steps all the way up to the max.

You may have to drag the sliders at the bottom and right of your screen to move the required part of the enlarged image to centre stage for viewing.

Oh, and by the way, to get a better look at those over-size images people sometimes post, without having to wait for somebody else to re-size them, you can also use this feature to REDUCE the on-screen image to 30% of the original size.

To get your screen back to normal display size, either use the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel back towards you, or use Ctrl and the " - " key (to the immediate left of the "+" key) to step back down.

The level of magnification should be indicated at the top of the page. When that number disappears you are back at normal (100%) display size.

Hope that is useful to somebody.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

If you didn't know already - a quick way to zoom in on an image on a web page by Graeme Ogg #28760
Most helpful. Thanks, Graeme. You can also set the zoom for a particular site by John Kuvakas #28760.1
Ah, right. I always thought that would affect all web pages viewed. (EOM) by Graeme Ogg #28760.1.1
I'm not sure about Edge or Firefox but on Chrome it is just for that page. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #28760.1.1.1
Zooming in by John Daniels #28760.1.1.1.1
It's OK, Jack. We all have different opinions. by John Kuvakas #28760.1.1.1.1.1
On a Mac it's Cmd + (the plus sign) (EOM) by Michael Majdalany #28760.2
Thank you Michael. That was the secret to get it to work. (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #28760.2.1
LOL......No cheap mouse. It's a MAC LOL (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #28760.3
LOL!!! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #28760.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone