Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Daniels
Posted On: Tuesday September 15, 2020 at 3:43 PM

Hi Guys
I do not have any of the finished models with chrome plate like trim. What I do have is a NEO 1/43 Dodge Polara kit. It has the foil trim printed on paper and the windshield is flat with a black outline. I assume but not sure the foil is a water slide decal. It seems to me that foil printing directly on a compound surface on a resin model might have heat problems plus the tooling would be expensive. It would be more difficult than the example since the heating surface (tool) would have to match the shape of the trim and the shape of the body. Attached also is a picture of a foil waterslide decal. The artwork for this was done by a friend of mine and it was printed (foiled?) by Cartograph. I would like to understand better how the this process works.
JD

This kit also has some photo etched parts that I think are for the side widow trim. No Instructions with the kit.

Windows are flat plastic with a black outline

Decal Chrome stripes my friends says the will conform to some compund surfaces like a regular decal.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Little inquire. Photo-etched or Silver paint, what do You prefer ? (EOM) by renato camesasca #28748
Neither. Pad-printed chrome is the most realistic. by Harvey Goranson #28748.1
Agree with Harv. (EOM) by Chris Sweetman #28748.1.1
What the difference in processes, gents? (EOM) by John Kuvakas #28748.1.1.1
Photo-etched is 2 dimentional and needs glueing in place - if this isn’t …. by Chris Sweetman #28748.1.1.1.1
Thanks, Chris. Do you know what the pad-printing process entails? (EOM) by John Kuvakas #28748.1.1.1.1.1
John, this video shows pad printing in process. There was an AUTOart …. by Chris Sweetman #28748.1.1.1.1.1.1
A little bit of technical confusion here, I think. by Graeme Ogg #28748.1.1.1.1.1.1.1
Chrome Trim? by John Daniels #28748.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone