Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Sunday October 4, 2020 at 8:42 PM

Pics: From Brooklin’s CTCI 1992 special: 1955 Ford Thunderbird
From time to time Brooklin released special editions of the ‘56 Thunderbird for CTCI conventions. For the 1992 convention in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a set of two was offered. One in the set was a ‘56 in Goldenglow Yellow, the other was a ‘55 in Raven Black. Inspired by Keko Romero’s post below and comments that followed regarding the beauty of the ‘55, I took my Raven Black ‘bird out for a Sunday afternoon ride. Brooklin took the ‘56 casting and revised it to become a ‘55–different emblems, no port hole, exhaust outlets above the rear bumper, and no spare mounted out back. I was lucky to find this set several years ago as it is very rare.

The actual car

The 1992 CTCI boxed set

The Brooklin Raven Black ‘55 ‘bird

And....

Shown with the Goldenglow Yellow56 that was the other car in the set.

Of course by today’s standards these models cry out for chrome detail but back then that’s the way they were made so I have chosen to leave them as original.

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics: From Brooklin’s CTCI 1992 special: 1955 Ford Thunderbird by David Knight #28863
Really beautiful models. Thanks for posting them. (EOM) by David Holcombe #28863.1
Beautyful Ford's that I prefer over others brands whit photo etched or plastic chrome (EOM) by renato camesasca #28863.2
Pics: And then there’s always the Sunset Coral ‘bird. by David Knight #28863.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone