Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Tuesday October 6, 2020 at 1:14 PM

A trivial question, just out of idle curiosity.
A certain model which shall be nameless but is well known to Forum members was produced by Milestone Miniatures in their "43rd Avenue" series. And now some Autocult models are sold as "Avenue 43" which happens to be the French way of saying "43rd Avenue". An odd coincidence.

For want of anything better to do I've been trying to find out whether 43rd Avenue has (or had) any particular historical significance in relation to cars, but I haven't come up with an answer.

Maybe at some time in the past 43rd Avenue in New York was lined with car showrooms? If so, Google doesn't acknowledge the fact.

As I say, a very trivial question, but maybe somebody here can suggest an explanation (assuming there even is one).

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A trivial question, just out of idle curiosity. by Graeme Ogg #28879
Autocult explains here why they use the name 'Avenue 43'... by Keko Romero #28879.1
Graeme, regarding your inquiry about 43rd street..... by Raymond Paszkiewicz #28879.2
Colony Records was fantastic. Also went to Jimmy Ryan's and Eddie Condon's clubs. (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #28879.2.1
I believe both company names are simply an attempt to relate the to 1/43 scale and roads (avenues). (EOM) by John Kuvakas #28879.3
That figures. I just thought there might be more to it. (EOM) by Graeme Ogg #28879.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone