Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Harvey Goranson
Posted On: Thursday October 8, 2020 at 5:02 PM

A short while back I posted three SWB Land Rovers (Series I, IIA, and III, all diecasts), and have been contemplating getting a TSM Defender to go with them. I thought that would be it.

Then I caught a deal on this one, a replica by Century Dragon of HUE 166 ('Huey'), the first production Land Rover. Huey has been done before, but not like this - it's like a 1:18 was reduced to 1:43.

There are over 150 parts! Many of these are photoetched that have been carefully modified to show every rivet. The mount for the spare tire is empty - because, just like the 1:1, it is mounted behind the seats inside the canvas cover. The grab handles at the rear have been modelled with properly sized bolts. The grille screen has been made open enough to allow the headlamps and other details to be seen - and it has a three-dimensional texture to it. The bonnet and canvas top tie-down hardware has been accurately modelled (the former are chrome with brass). Even the rivets on the rear registration plate are in their correct positions.

The chassis has not been forgotten. The transfer case, suspension, steering arms, brass differential drain plugs, leaf springs are all there.

A great example of photoetch done right.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

The ultimate Land Rover model (pics). by Harvey Goranson #28900
Nice, I'm waiting for someone to do the 2020 Defender in long and short wheelbase by John Quilter #28900.1
Outstanding model Harv!! by Keko Romero #28900.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone