Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Saturday October 10, 2020 at 4:57 PM

I remember them well. Here's a different one I've had for several years. (pic)

Made of plastic, the Blue Bird No. 1 came from the Blue Bird gift shop on their web site. It is marked on the underside as
JIMSON NO. 380 HONG KONG.

However, Blue Bird has since gone under new management/ ownership and I can find no trace of such a gift shop now. Happy hunting!

Here it is alongside a recent 1:43 product for comparison.

(later) Found it! The old Blue Bird No. 1 is now with the Henry Ford Museum.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Hubley Realtoys school bus-Are 6 better than one? by Rich Pendleton #28918
I remember them well. Here's a different one I've had for several years. (pic) by David Holcombe #28918.1
David H., I like your Blue Bird (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #28918.1.1
Amazingly realistic based on the photo of the 1:1 version (EOM) by John Quilter #28918.1.2
Pic: Rich, your collection of Hubley Real Toy school buses brings back memories! by David Knight #28918.2
David Knight, We moved from Lexington, Ma. where they used new buses to Acton, Ma. where they used by Rich Pendleton #28918.2.1
Pic: Here’s another school bus I’d like to see in 1:43 is this Reo Safety bus. by David Knight #28918.3
Thanks for the photos David, I love old buses and have a number of them in my collection. (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #28918.3.1
And here is custom creation of a Gillig school bus by John Quilter #28918.4
Very nice John, I love it! (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #28918.4.1
Pics-Dinky Wayne buses by Rich Pendleton #28918.4.2
Nice conversion Rich! And I have the same Dinky Wayne with red striping. by Harvey Goranson #28918.4.2.1
Thanks Harvey. I would rather have the black by Rich Pendleton #28918.4.2.1.1
And the rear of this Wayne Dinky served to be the rear half by John Quilter #28918.4.2.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone