Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Saturday October 10, 2020 at 6:20 PM

Pic: Rich, your collection of Hubley Real Toy school buses brings back memories!
I had one of them which I found in The Hobby Corner, a tiny hobby store in Pittsfield Massachusetts in 1958 or so. I wanted several but the guy said it was his last one. I bought it. That was before we could find anything on the internet. What impressed me about the bus model was that it was, like yours, an authentic replica of GMC with a bus body by Superior. In those days there were a number of school bus body manufacturers, Blue Bird, Carpenter, Thomas, Wayne, Reo Safety Gillig, and others. Now there are only Blue Bird, Thomas, and ICC. When I went to Lenox School, the school had two Ford with Superior bodies, the rear end of one of them visible in this picture below. Thanks, Rich, for the trip down Memory Lane. You did a fantastic job modifying those buses.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Hubley Realtoys school bus-Are 6 better than one? by Rich Pendleton #28918
I remember them well. Here's a different one I've had for several years. (pic) by David Holcombe #28918.1
David H., I like your Blue Bird (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #28918.1.1
Amazingly realistic based on the photo of the 1:1 version (EOM) by John Quilter #28918.1.2
Pic: Rich, your collection of Hubley Real Toy school buses brings back memories! by David Knight #28918.2
David Knight, We moved from Lexington, Ma. where they used new buses to Acton, Ma. where they used by Rich Pendleton #28918.2.1
Pic: Here’s another school bus I’d like to see in 1:43 is this Reo Safety bus. by David Knight #28918.3
Thanks for the photos David, I love old buses and have a number of them in my collection. (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #28918.3.1
And here is custom creation of a Gillig school bus by John Quilter #28918.4
Very nice John, I love it! (EOM) by Rich Pendleton #28918.4.1
Pics-Dinky Wayne buses by Rich Pendleton #28918.4.2
Nice conversion Rich! And I have the same Dinky Wayne with red striping. by Harvey Goranson #28918.4.2.1
Thanks Harvey. I would rather have the black by Rich Pendleton #28918.4.2.1.1
And the rear of this Wayne Dinky served to be the rear half by John Quilter #28918.4.2.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone