Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Roger Kerr
Posted On: Tuesday October 13, 2020 at 6:09 PM

I have the 1940 Nash in red in front of me and it is a bit darker than a pure red, not a bright red as it came out in John's picture or as bright of a red as seen in the Sept.18 Brooklin blog. Garish is defined as "obtrusively bright and showy" and IMHO that is not an accurate descriptor of the color. Whether one would see a color like this in 1940 I don't know - I did not make landfall on the planet until 1951.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs - From My Collection - '40 Nash by John Merritt #28932
I'm not a fan of bland colored cars, but the gray with the blackwalls looks very period-correct. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #28932.1
I have to agree. The Romany Red stands out but the Dove Gray, IMO, is more symbolic of the period. by John Kuvakas #28932.1.1
The gray version has been a favorite of mine since I acquired it. by John Merritt #28932.1.1.1
+1 (EOM) by Shel Platt #28932.1.1.2
When the grey version came out I whined on this site about the by Jack Dodds #28932.2
Really great model, no matter the color. Good choice! (EOM) by David Holcombe #28932.3
A very nice pair. My preference is the grey one because of the previous reasons stated and by Curtis Parisi #28932.4
I would just like to point out that by Roger Kerr #28932.5
Your photos tugged at me John - just ordered a gray one. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #28932.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone