Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Thursday October 15, 2020 at 12:12 PM

[[PICS] Grumpy Ogg's Happy Day Has Dawned At Last
Yes, folks. Just two and a half days after Carmodel's Italian courier e-mailed to say they had collected my Kess De Soto for delivery, it arrived at my front door safe and sound, in a box big enough to hold a 1:1 Nissan Micra.

I ripped it open like a crazed 3 year old on Christmas morning.

What can I say? If you wait for anything this long it's almost bound to be an anti-climax. But it certainly wasn't a disappointment. Very nice, and definitely worth the wait. Judge for yourself. (By the way, the first pic below is the most accurate for colour. I was shooting in rapidly fading light and my camera seems to have over-exposed to compensate).

Body looks accurate. Flawless paint job. Nice detailing. Clear glazing all round. Brightwork all neatly in place except for the rear window frame which has lifted slightly at the base and may need a touch of white glue.

I suppose it's fair to say that if it hadn't been for all the "will it ever appear?" drama, this would be just another fairly predictable resin model coming through the door, and once it's on a shelf beside all the other stuff it looks good but not a jaw-dropping stand-out.

Bu never mind. It has certainly been a bit of an adventure, and in the model collector's sad, obsessive little life that is always to be welcomed, n'est-ce pas?

I know you are all very happy for me. And glad that I will now shut up about it.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

[[PICS] Grumpy Ogg's Happy Day Has Dawned At Last by Graeme Ogg #28947
Congratulations, Graeme. Looks like you have a winner! (EOM) by David Holcombe #28947.1
It looks good, Graeme! The Grail has arrived! Life is good! Now... by John Kuvakas #28947.2
I am not anything like you. But yes, I AM looking for the next model. (EOM) by Graeme Ogg #28947.2.1
What? Graeme got his holy grail already. (EOM) by Shel Platt #28947.3
Congratulations on the arrival. Both of mine should be here by the 1st of next week. (EOM) by John Merritt #28947.4
The more conservative colors suit a sedan well IMO. Very nice! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #28947.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone