Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Chris Sweetman
Posted On: Wednesday November 11, 2020 at 8:07 PM

Well if we are talking about obsolete toys then the box adds a ….
40-50% premium. Plus there is a market for original boxes relating to obsolete models too. You will be surprised how much some of these fetch! Collectors are also fascinated by the box art which doesn’t appear on modern faceless card outers and plastic cases.

A very different story to modern models where companies provide plastic cases that can be used for a variety of different companies. Typically these can cost around £5.

Chris

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Folks I wonder how much the box is worth that the model came in. by Don Anderson #29162
It's not the value of the box, per se, but the value the box brings to the model. by John Kuvakas #29162.1
Well if we are talking about obsolete toys then the box adds a …. by Chris Sweetman #29162.1.1
+1 (EOM) by Shel Platt #29162.1.1.1
I keep the boxes Don. As Joh Kuvakas says, the value of a boxless model by Mike Coupe #29162.2
Better keep 'em Don. If I recall from my visit to your home, by Harvey Goranson #29162.3
Agree don’t chuck ‘em store ‘em! (EOM) by Chris Sweetman #29162.3.1
So now I'm of the opinion that saving the box is so when you grow tired of it or want by Don Anderson #29162.3.1.1
All my models are displayed without the boxes. I only keep the boxes of the more expensive by Jacques Roest #29162.3.2
Many boxes can be carefully folded down to almost flat, taking far less space.. by Mark Lampariello #29162.4
This piece of furniture is entirely full of 1/43rd model boxes. by Ed Glorius #29162.4.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2020 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone