Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Christoph Baum
Posted On: Monday June 22, 2009 at 4:45 PM

PICs: Salvadore Dali and the Cadillacs in his art...
The surealistic painter Salvatore Dali allways had a affinity to Cadillac. He paintet a 1941 Series 75. The picture are named "The clothed Cadillac":

Thats are the little model, you can buy it at the Dali Museum in Figueres/Spain. It meets my
1947 Series 75 from Conquest (Master from Bruce Arnold):

On this picture, you can see, the Dali Cadillac is not a handbuilt or Diecast. Its just from foam (:-)

Another artwork Cadillac from Dali. It is in the Dali Museum in Figueres also. Its named "The rainy Cadillac".
You can push a bottom on the car, and then it rains inside the Cadillac.... The big mascot on the hood are from the Austrian artist Ernst Fuchs.

This model is the beautiful 41 Cadillac Convertible Sedan from Victory. Here you can see it in a enhanced version
from Bruce Arnold (I think he chanced the wheels for wider whitewalls). Unfortunately, it is not mine...:

And here a picture of the wonderful real car:

An this picture shows the Dali 41 Caddy today:

I hope you had a little bit fun with this small excurs to Dalis Cadillac.

Christoph

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs: Salvadore Dali and the Cadillacs in his art... by Christoph Baum #7757
VERY NICE Chris. I love art and cars so this type of stuff is right up my alley. by Douglas Ford #7757.1
Wow, those pics are great - always liked the 1975 Calder BMW (links) but never knew about Dali by Karl Schnelle #7757.2
I am not aware of any Art Cars in 1:43 by Lee Tracey #7757.2.1
Minichamps did the 1999 Jenny Holtzer art car (dealer only) by Harvey Goranson #7757.2.1.1
Lee, 1:43rd scale BMW art cars were made as part of ... by Chris Sweetman #7757.2.1.2
One of the finest presentations I've ever seen on the forum. Many thanks, Christoph. (EOM) by David Holcombe #7757.3
Excellent and fascinating post, Christoph! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #7757.4
I want the squishy Cadillac toy! by David Crowe #7757.5
Me too!! Let me know what you find out. (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #7757.5.1
A wonderful post, Christoph. Really interesting info ..... by Mike DeTorrice #7757.6
Thanks everyone. Maybe next week more. by Christoph Baum #7757.7
So now we've got Dali Cadillacs, Childe Hassam Ford model As, and... by Scott Brown #7757.8
Dali's cars. by Mark Rimmer #7757.9

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone