Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dillon Taylor
Posted On: Thursday February 4, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Pics -- Packard Request and other Packard Dream Cars
Due to a steady flow of requests to bring out a modern interpretation of its classic pre-war grille, Packard developed the Request prototype and debuted it at the 1955 Chicago Auto Show. Based on the 1955 Packard 400 two-door hardtop, the front design on the Request dream car did characterize the traditional grille, and the car also wore custom-built split bumpers and modified front sheet metal. Creative Industries constructed the one-of-a-kind Request for Packard, and the handsome 2-tone exterior was painted in pearlescent white, with copper-colored top and side accent strips.

I had been searching for a Minimarque Packard Request for several years, and one of our friendly model dealers was finally able to find one for me.
Photobucket

The Request was the last Packard dream car that I needed to have a complete set:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics -- Packard Request and other Packard Dream Cars by Dillon Taylor #8994
A most impressive line-up, Dillon. Congratulations on your find. These by David Holcombe #8994.1
Thanks, David. (EOM) by Dillon Taylor #8994.1.1
Packard sure had some magnificent dream cars in the Fifties and by Mike DeTorrice #8994.2
Thanks, Mike. (EOM) by Dillon Taylor #8994.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone