Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Jack Dodds
Posted On: Friday November 30, 2018 at 6:54 AM

When I think of the stunts we pulled in our cars without belts as teens I
am very thankful we survived. It was simply good luck as we had no driving skills....we just thought we did! Very tragic to think how many thousands of people died because they weren't belted in. I remember many people thought it was a bit "sissy" to wear a belt years ago or they thought no one was going to force them to wear one. Hard to imagine now.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

On this day in automotive history. by Michael Rodriguez #39627
When I think of the stunts we pulled in our cars without belts as teens I by Jack Dodds #39627.1
If you were a cool dude you would never use a seat belt. Cool and dumb. (EOM) by John Bono #39627.1.1
Ralphie was right on the money with this. Cars of the 50's & 60's were primitive by today's standard (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #39627.2
In 1956 I was in the back seat of a 4 door Chevy. We were sideways in the by David Holcombe #39627.3
Nader was, and is, an overblown, exaggerating, self-serving idiot. (EOM) by Mike DeTorrice #39627.4
Add opportunist to that....but he did get the focus on safety hastened. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #39627.4.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone