Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: George Schire
Posted On: Sunday December 2, 2018 at 2:57 PM

Well Christopher, I respectfully disagree with you. Though I can
only speak for myself on this one. I have NEVER, read that NEVER bought a car with the mindset that I want people to see me in it.

I buy a car because I like the way it looks, feels, and rides. And whether someone else agrees with my purchase of that car is of little concern to me.

So I contend that if a person does or wants to buy a really expensive car only for the sheer purpose of being the envy of his friends and family, then he's a sorry soul. And let me tell you that I've known many people in my time on the planet that have done exactly that.

Myself however, have never taken that route. I've never purchased anything EVER, with the intention of being noticed or to show off that I'm better than someone else is. If I ever get to that point in life, I hope my time is up.

Now all of the above said, if someone buys an expensive car and they can afford it, and they buy it only because THEY like it, then I've no problem with that. Buying though to appear better than anyone else or the need to be seen it, is not right with me.

And you know what Christopher, I've always went so far as to not even mention or want people to see my new car, because I don't need my ego stroked.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: A Buick Riviera pickup and a Cadillac pickup, by Dick Johnson #39663
Sorry, but these just don't work for me. Jail time should be a result for doing these. (EOM) by Terry Daly #39663.1
The Cadillac looks like a Professional Vehicle Flower Car. (EOM) by Brian Cox #39663.2
I think you're right ...BUT... that C-Pillar, rear glass area look pretty "1963 Impala" to me. (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #39663.2.1
Pic: On some it looks good , on others YUCK! by Bruce Parsons #39663.3
Such a waste of money. The people that do this are starved for attention and do this so that by George Schire #39663.4
What? I would argue that MOST people who drive "anything" do it to be noticed. Afterall, what does.. by Christopher Moroni #39663.4.1
Thanks for a thoughtful, reasoned response. Nicely done. (EOM) by Terry Daly #39663.4.1.1
Well Christopher, I respectfully disagree with you. Though I can by George Schire #39663.4.1.2
Good points, George. But, that's a lot to assume from a picture with no caption. by John Kuvakas #39663.4.1.2.1Moderator
Well, not according to Christopher Maroni's post below mine. He infers that most everyone buys by George Schire #39663.4.1.2.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2018 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone