Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – The Lounge – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Saturday January 5, 2019 at 6:34 PM

PIC: John Kuvakas here are some Citroen 2 CV's for you,

A load of Ducks! In July 1975, a base model called the 2CV Spécial was introduced with the 435 cc engine. Between 1975 and 1990 under the name of AZKB "2CV Spécial" a drastically reduced trim basic version was sold, at first only in yellow and with an untreated black roof. Slimmer bumpers with stick-on tape rather than plastic strips and no overriders were fitted. It also had the earlier round headlights, last fitted in 1973[54]. In order to keep the price as low as possible, Citroën removed the third side window, the ashtray, and virtually all trim from the car, while that which remained was greatly simplified, such as simple vinyl-clad door cards and exposed door catches rather than the plastic moulded trims found on the 2CV Club. Other 2CVs shared their instruments with the Dyane and H-Van but the Spécial had a much smaller square speedometer also incorporating the fuel gauge, originally fitted to the 2CV in the mid-1960s and then discontinued. The model also had a revised (and cheaper-to-make) plastic version of the 1960s two-spoke steering wheel instead of the one-spoke item from the Dyane, as found on the Club.

Go back to Diecast Forums – The Lounge – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: John Kuvakas here are some Citroen 2 CV's for you, by Dick Johnson #40186
I'll take the whole truck load. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #40186.1Moderator
Uh ... John ... Buddy .... I like yellow .... um - Just saying .... (EOM) by Dennis Mong #40186.1.1
OK! You can have one...but only one! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #40186.1.1.1Moderator
Who's the kidder now? (EOM) by Bob Jackman #40186.1.2
I just think a totally stripped down 2 CV would be a lot of fun. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #40186.1.2.1Moderator
So do I ... BTW ... Thank you ... Thank you for sharing ... sniff, sniff .... by Dennis Mong #40186.1.2.1.1
I've never driven one but would sure like to. JR loves them, so by Jack Dodds #40186.2
Driving one is quite an experience. It's all about building momentum and maintaining it. by John Kuvakas #40186.2.1Moderator

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone