Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Friday January 11, 2019 at 8:16 PM

An association between the two pix is hard to make other than the horror of war generally.
WW1 was said to be the war to end all wars. Clearly the soda can firing Gatling shows the horror of war still continues.

The caption of the pic I have reads: "The shells from an allied creeping bombardment on German lines, 1916" In another the description refers to the battle of the Somme on the Western Front.

I am currently researching my four great uncles army service during WW1 2018 being the centenary of wars end.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Now here is a weapon that really means business. by Dick Johnson #40260
Wiki shows an in service date of 1977. Something wrong with the WWI date on the pic. (EOM) by David Crowe #40260.1
That is on an A-10, "Warthog". (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #40260.2
An association between the two pix is hard to make other than the horror of war generally. by Bruce Gibbins #40260.3
Yes, war is horrible for certain, but so is being unprepared for when by Jack Dodds #40260.3.1
Maybe that is why Canadians have an international reputation for being by Bruce Gibbins #40260.3.1.1
There are pluses and negatives........ (EOM) by Jack Dodds #40260.3.1.1.1
WOW! (EOM) by Frank Kocour #40260.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone