Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Thursday February 7, 2019 at 5:31 AM

1939 Oldsmobile Series 60 winner of the 2016 Chicago Auto Show Ridler award.
Built from 99% newly fabricated panels including the grill.
Some editorials at the time made some kind of fuss that a rare Olds had been sacrificed to build this car donating parts to be fashioned as templates for panels that made the build of this modern style Oldsmobile possible.

I like the car and many other custom jobs that are close to the quality build of the Olds here. Housed with its owner, co designer and builder in Texas. The paint job was done by Charlie Hutton best remembered as being part of Boyd Coddington's crew until he joined Chuck Foose before starting up his own paint business.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Said to be Americas most beautiful roadster by Dick Johnson #40682
Its a beauty but personally there are many others I like much more. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #40682.1
+1 (EOM) by David Angeloni #40682.1.1
Why brown? (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #40682.2
Why not? I have visited George Poteet's collection in Holly Springs, Mississippi. by Bob Jackman #40682.2.1
Maybe it looks better in person, but from where I'm sitting it doesn't do much for me. (EOM) by John Bono #40682.3
So did they ever find the guy who said it was America's most ..... by Don Anderson #40682.3.1
If stock, possibly, ruined, not. Just my opinion. (EOM) by John Roberts #40682.4
PIC: I like this show winner too. by Bruce Gibbins #40682.5
I like this one much better - the rear end is beyond "sexy"... (EOM) by Terence Slekar #40682.5.1
Surely a work of art, but the color is dreadful! (EOM) by Terence Slekar #40682.6
It's the right make, model and year but I can't pick just one as the best. (EOM) by Michael Rodriguez #40682.7
Someone posted the finalists on Facebook. There was a '32 highboy I much preferred to the others. (EOM) by Ed Glorius #40682.8
America's most beautiful - Ridler Award by Marilyn Stormans #40682.9

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone