Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Friday February 8, 2019 at 9:12 AM

Yes I really did have The Car for a short time.
It was a 1971 Continental and done by George Barris. There were six made for the movie and this one is said to be the only one to survive.
There was a business in ElCajon ,California that sold movie cars and I got it from him.
This one was a fiberglas body over the Continental, it had one bucket seat for a driver and it had wires and controls for remote control all over the interior. When I got it it was not street legal but I had hoped to get it so I could drive it but I didn't keep it that long.
I like the car but it was just a little to spooky to sit in and also the cost to get it street legal was more than I wanted to spend or could afford to spend.
I believe it is in the hands of a collector but not sure where.
The one car that flew off the cliff in the movie was made of cardboard so it wasn't as heavy as the other ones and would get the effect they wanted.
The exhaust and the horn are real and it sounds mean.
Sometimes I wish I had kept it.
True story.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Believe it or not I did own this car for a while, by Dick Johnson #40687
did you really own that car, Dick ? by Joop Gisbers #40687.1
Wow, they make a model of everything. Well, almost. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #40687.1.1
What year of lincoln was under there Dick? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #40687.2
Yes I really did have The Car for a short time. by Dick Johnson #40687.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone