Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Friday February 8, 2019 at 1:39 PM

Chrysler had LeBaron/ Briggs built 4 (or 5 or 6, depending upon
the source) of both the Thunderbolt and the Newport. Each was painted in a different color and each had a different interior color/material. Of course, colors changed with the owners' whims over the years. The green one used as the master for the Matrix models won major awards in recent years at several shows, including Pebble Beach. It is privately owned. Thanks for the good question, Don. These concept/ dream cars are becoming more popular in our various scales, and I'm glad!

PS- I used this picture of a red Thunderbolt because I couldn't find a place for it in my Forum 43 post. Hate to miss a good picture!

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

I just posted pictures of my newest model on Forum 43. Does anyone recognize the 1:1? by David Holcombe #40697
No bells ringing David. But looking on the 43rd page I note that this is a by Bruce Gibbins #40697.1
1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt. (EOM) by John Bono #40697.2
PICs..... by Jerry Gorsuch #40697.2.1
David, this picture is a red car while your model in Forum 43 is by Don Anderson #40697.3
Chrysler had LeBaron/ Briggs built 4 (or 5 or 6, depending upon by David Holcombe #40697.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone