Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Kuvakas Moderator
Posted On: Monday February 11, 2019 at 8:25 AM

Folks who are astute in these things know that the font used in this fake didn't exist in the 50's. This doctored ad has become so popular that it's being used as an example of how times were more innocent back then. Telling a woman to spread her legs meant the same thing then that it does now. Here's what the original ad looked like;

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A magazine advert, from a less cynical time - perhaps now, infra dig. by Bruce Gibbins #40748
Good call. (EOM) by John Bono #40748.1
Less cynical....and classier time. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #40748.2
This would get you tarred and feathered today! (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #40748.3
LOL. I suspect that ad took some flack - even in its time. Those words mean something else to by Frank Kocour #40748.4
Sorry, it's cute but a hoax. by John Kuvakas #40748.5Moderator
You boys should be ASHAMED of yourselves! (EOM) by Don Anderson #40748.5.1
You are onto it, John. I can remember as a kid, being told that, if I moved, or two of us by Bruce Gibbins #40748.5.1.1
Good point, Bruce. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #40748.5.1.1.1Moderator
I just want to know how she got the Pontiac star on her gown. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #40748.5.2
Perhaps the result of a camera flash from a piece of Jewlery given to the lady by Bruce Gibbins #40748.5.2.1
If he gave her a matching Pontiac star I think he's got style and some luck coming his way! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #40748.5.2.1.1
Ask yourself how the “me too” movement would react to this ad. (EOM) by jay walsh #40748.6
I think the term would be "enthusiastically". (EOM) by Jack Dodds #40748.6.1
I would like to believe that, too, but by the look of his eyes by Joop Gisbers #40748.7

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone