Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Terry Daly
Posted On: Friday March 8, 2019 at 5:30 PM

PICS: Photos of a '52 Lincoln hardtop full custom, done in the 50's,.......
and with an extended rear clip with continental kit (1).
I've taken the liberty to remove the CK(2), extend the wheelbase (3), extend the rear quarters (4) mildly section the car (5) and extend the rear quarters on the sectioned car (6). I've done so to see whether the modifications help or hurt the custom styling.

The following photos chronicle the changes:

In my humble opinion, the car has changed from a disproportioned car with excessive trim to one that stands the test of time as a nicely done car.

Which iteration do you prefer and was the design helped or hindered by the modifications?

Enjoy!

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICS: Photos of a '52 Lincoln hardtop full custom, done in the 50's,....... by Terry Daly #41131
I like it, Terry. You're work is improving quickly!! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #41131.1Moderator
Convertible? (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #41131.2
Sorry, it's a hardtop. My mistake. (EOM) by Terry Daly #41131.2.1
Like your final one Terry, very much. The original looks as.. by John Roberts #41131.3
PIC: Here's that iteration with and without the spear..... by Terry Daly #41131.3.1
I like it Terry. The spear wasn't in keeping with the rest of the trim for me. by John Roberts #41131.3.1.1
Prefer the last pic. The white color detracts IMO. Actual custom car is ugly. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41131.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone