Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Sunday March 10, 2019 at 9:36 AM

Joop. The car was imported new by the Government of New Zealand
for the then Prime Ministers - Michael Joseph Savage. The car has just been listed on a local on-line car auction site which is where I found it. The seller has noted that this rare car may be listed also in the US.
Even from the very early days of motoring American cars imported into New Zealand, either built up or as kits for local assembly, came from Canada which is likely where this car came from.

I instantly fell in love with the car and wanted to show it to my friends on the Lounge for others to see.

The asking price is $NZD68,000. Using rough calculations off the top of my head that works out to be around 33,000 & $USD43,000.
Because New Zealand is so geographically isolated freight charges to Nth America could be around $USD3,000.00.

More of the cars history would be interesting to know, but none of this is included in the auction description.

My local knowledge means that I can make some assumptions, from where in the country the car is located, but these could be incorrect so I should keep quiet about these.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Feast your eyes on a morning surprise or late night delight - Grandma is back in town. by Bruce Gibbins #41152
I want that car ... Drop Dead Gorgeous ... ( Be still my heart ... Be still ) (EOM) by Dennis Mong #41152.1
Love it! (EOM) by John Roberts #41152.2
Beautiful! Gotta be ultra rare, too. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #41152.2.1Moderator
right-hand-drive ??? tell me the story, please.... (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #41152.3
Very Nice! The license plate gives a clue. (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #41152.4
Joop. The car was imported new by the Government of New Zealand by Bruce Gibbins #41152.5
I'm surprised that the price isn't higher! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41152.5.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone