Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Jack Dodds
Posted On: Sunday March 10, 2019 at 6:11 PM

The Edsel stylists took a chance and lost. Its a icon for failure but
undeserved IMO. The Edsel I dislike is the 1960; simply because Ford tacked some horrible looking trim on their Ford and called it an Edsel, instead of killing it off after '59.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: and story of a 58 Edsel by Dick Johnson #41144
Not a huge fan of the Edsel, but for some reason, the Pacer, guessing here its by Bruce Gibbins #41144.1
Yes I agree; its plainness is strangely attractive. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41144.1.1
You know, Jack, I'm kinda reminded of the girl at highschool or wherever by Bruce Gibbins #41144.1.1.1
Excellent comparison. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41144.1.1.1.1
Reminded me of Bob Jackman's informed comments on his video... by John Roberts #41144.2
Folk law has always espoused that Edsel was damned by its own design, but more informed by Bruce Gibbins #41144.2.1
That is true I believe; plus some annoying QC issues. Too bad anyways. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41144.2.1.1
How could anyone at Ford have thought that front end was beautiful? by Al Dorado #41144.3
The Edsel stylists took a chance and lost. Its a icon for failure but by Jack Dodds #41144.3.1
They have faces only a Mother could love, Al:) by Bruce Gibbins #41144.3.2
I think the polled group pulled a fast one or were bought by Jack Dodds #41144.3.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone