Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Monday March 11, 2019 at 9:32 PM

A very different experience for todays coach/cattle class passenger. The secene
shown in the advert would be for first class passengers only today. The Boeing 747 Jumbo aimed at mass travel changed everything. I dislke international air travel so much now that I stay put. Its the tyrany of distance where its a 13 hour non-stop flight to Los Angeles. When I used to fly to Bermuda to visit with my elder daughter and her family the trip took a total of 23 hours of just flying time to get their. Thats not counting an over night stop over long the way.
International air travel reminds me of the old days traveling in the chair car being hauled by steam. Like todays air travel the experience was just foul.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Flying as it once was, by Dick Johnson #41177
I sort of remember this type of service....long time ago! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41177.1
Oh those were the days. When airlines appreciated customers, people dressed well, & service was good (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #41177.2
All about affordability now of course; like many other services. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41177.2.1
There's a reason that they call the newer planes an Air Bus. (EOM) by Michael Rodriguez #41177.3
Yes, and passengers would dress up not dress down. (EOM) by John Bono #41177.4
A very different experience for todays coach/cattle class passenger. The secene by Bruce Gibbins #41177.5
I flew LAX to Singapore in '04 with Singapore Air; 18 and 1/2 hr. flight.....INCREDIBLE service!!! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41177.5.1
Turkish Air does a good job as well. Great seats and really great food. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #41177.5.1.1Moderator
Turkish delight? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41177.5.1.1.1
Have you ever had Turkish delight? (EOM) by John Kuvakas #41177.5.1.1.1.1Moderator

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone