Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Wednesday March 13, 2019 at 7:14 PM

I think the "factory override" is a first description for what the seller latter on describes as, "Front and rear bumper guards"
He has duplicated a description of the same fittings describing them differently, latter on in the description. I believe that is what happened.

The wheels look like a local addition - maybe not and fitted in the States and sold with these already there.
If the car were mine I would take the wheels back to original. That would only be possible if the wheel change was not made back on the cars home turf.

So after that, we know take a stroll around town when we find this Chevy in a car park with some guy taking photographs of the car. It must be his pride and joy - or preparing to be sold.
The tags show that the car has been registered for use on local roads after extensive inspections done immediately at the border upon arrival. Once passed the car can be complianced so the happy days of driving can commence.
Customs worry about the paper work to make sure all the the necessary documentation from the States is there. Making sure the importer has not brought in a stolen car.

1961 Chevrolet Impala.
Rare Factory Options
12 month Rego
283ci / 4.6L V8
Turbo-Fire Powerglide
Factory overrides
Power steering
Electric windows
Electric seats
Power brakes
Front and rear bumper guards
Very honest and solid black plate California car (2 owner)
No rust, all factory panels and floors
5 Seats.
Original paint (Nice Patina)

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Here is the 1961 Chevrolet pix and all. by Bruce Gibbins #41205
Now it makes sense. Thanks, Bruce. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #41205.1Moderator
Check for non-professional lower body work! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41205.2
It's gonna be a mess under that mismatched paint, Jack. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #41205.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone