Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Thursday March 14, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Here in the Southern Pacific, its Ford Friday, here in the lounge - we get a heads up a day earlier.
Lets see if you can spot the difference, other than being RHD, between this and a US built car. Clue: you would notice this best sitting in the drivers seat.

Late 1940s Fords were the choice of our highway patrol and in daily use right up to the mid-1950's. Many did not fade away after that, they had a second life as a means to transport older officers getting close to retirement working a new role in educating little kids at school about road safety. These classes included helping improve kids riding ability and youngsters cope with road traffic when riding their bikes.

The 1948 Ford Coupe shown hear, started out life in Canada as a box of bits and pieces, and along with several hundred others were transported by sea freight to New Zealand from, probably Vancouver - would that be correct, Jack? Then to be put together at Fords Gracefield assembly plant.
There is a pic of that down there too.
Looking at the pic and all of those black government limo's and cars used by foreign embassy's, its a big deal day at Ford - I date this roughly as being early 1950's.

Enjoy this Ford Friday and every other day as well.

Being devoid of any descriptive information, here is the Auctioneers, blurb anyway:

"Good selection of other Classics
You are bidding on Turners Reference: 19103246-2

"This Classic has been on display at Stewart's car museum and is now being offered for sale along with a fabulous selection of other classics as a planned downsizing of the Stewart collection. This is an opportunity that doesn't come up very often. Flat head V8"

"Registration on hold."

"To talk to a person who knows about this car call:
Carl Williams
0800 887 637"

"CIN Card (copy & paste this link into your browser to view):
http://www.turners.co.nz/Cin-Card?pid=19103246"

"Location: This vehicle is located at Turners Christchurch Cars
Turners Christchurch
1 Detroit Place
Christchurch"

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Here in the Southern Pacific, its Ford Friday, here in the lounge - we get a heads up a day earlier. by Bruce Gibbins #41215
Hi Bruce- Interesting Ford, much like one with left-hand drive from my early by David Holcombe #41215.1
Hello David. My dad owned a car like this, same as yours. but painted dark blue - by Bruce Gibbins #41215.1.1
David. With their being no Hudsons, Kaiser or Packards at the end of that link in my Ford Listing, by Bruce Gibbins #41215.1.2
Great! These are some of my favorites! (EOM) by David Holcombe #41215.1.2.1
PIX show the answer. The major difference in the interiors is the dash. by Bruce Gibbins #41215.1.3
Thanks for the post! I appreciate the history and story. (EOM) by Tim Kubiak #41215.2
Wonder what happened to the interior door upholstery? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41215.3
Perhaps it had seen better days and will be replaced by the new owner, Jack. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #41215.3.1
Would the difference be the position of the drivers door mIrror? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #41215.4
No, Jack. Stay inside the car. A clue. by Bruce Gibbins #41215.4.1
Is the gear shift on the left side of the steering column? (EOM) by David Holcombe #41215.4.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone