Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Sunday May 12, 2019 at 6:47 PM

I bought my 1934 Packard 1100 because of its originality but also because it came with a fully documented history all the way back to new. This was an early production model ordered in July of 1933 by the Packard Motor Co. of Pittsburgh, PA. It was used as a demonstrator before being sold by Liberty Motor Sales to its first owner, T.E. Frey, with 5,160 miles on Nevember 27, 1933. Mr Frey kept the car for 54 years before selling it to his mechanic and friend Frank Humble for the princely sum of $1.00. Mr. Humble owned it for 10 years, then it had two more owners before it came to me. Obviously all owners kept it garaged and preserved it for 86 years.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

One mans story of his 1934 Packard, by Dick Johnson #42248
A lovely old Packard with an interesting back story. Its a pleasure to see these by Bruce Gibbins #42248.1
Fine pictures and a good story. Thanks again, Dick. (EOM) by David Holcombe #42248.2
Its interesting to read the stories of how some vintage cars manage to survive the odds. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42248.3
+1 (EOM) by Frank Kocour #42248.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone