Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – The Lounge – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Monday May 13, 2019 at 10:13 AM

This car had not been started in over 50 years and after several months of work, the original 341 cubic inch flathead V8 engine is now running nicely. Every inch of this car is original. The paint, pin striping, leather upholstery, top, wood wheels, chrome, wiring and all mechanicals are untouched since 1929 and all in excellent condition. The tires were from the 1950’s and have been replaced. Technological innovations on the 1929 Cadillac include first year for synchromesh transmission, first year for safety glass and first year for chrome on nearly any American automobile. Before that cars had nickel plating. Cadillac was always at the forefront mechanically and their R&D was arguably some of the best in the world. Hopefully I’ll be able to take it for a spin before the snow flies

Go back to Diecast Forums – The Lounge – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1929 Cadillac with history, by Dick Johnson #42260
Rare find. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #42260.1
What a great car. Now this one should never be restored because its so darn well preserved. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42260.2
I reckon so, Jack. Personally, I would spend the next two or three years by Bruce Gibbins #42260.2.1
The presence of safety glass back then sure surprises me! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42260.3
Fine pictures, good story, and a great preservation. Congratulations! (EOM) by David Holcombe #42260.4
Thanks but I should also point out that it isn't mine, by Dick Johnson #42260.4.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone