Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Monday May 13, 2019 at 9:52 PM

It seems to my eys that all of these pix were taken in a scrap salvage yard.
Just my thoughts so bear with me.
The clue is the telephone boxes.
Often when items like these, tram cars and so on were being retired they were offerd out to scrap dealers to submit their best price for a bulk lot.
Not sure what happended to all of those DS model Citroens sitting out there in a field that would cause the same kind of damage to all them.
But could have been the the result of flood damage where the Citroens were parked before being shipped out to their dealers.
Just my thoughts and maybe quite untrue, but possible.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: And these are all Citroen DS series and I am looking for more info about these. by Dick Johnson #42264
It seems to my eys that all of these pix were taken in a scrap salvage yard. by Bruce Gibbins #42264.1
They look a bit like phone boxes from the rear, but they are vans. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42264.1.1
Oops, I may need to rethink my theory or at least tweek it some. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #42264.1.1.1
The third picture looks like an airfield..I wonder if these cars.. by John Roberts #42264.3
I believe they are dusty, but new cars. Not a dent on any of them. Very odd. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42264.3.1
I notice in pic #1 some of the cars have doors painted by Jack Dodds #42264.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone