Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Robert Bolin
Posted On: Tuesday May 14, 2019 at 2:07 PM

Recent article about automotive design trends I found funny.
CLICK HERE

What I particularly found humorous was the authors assertion that a coupe had to be limited to 2 doors. How is he working at a car magazine and doesn't know that profile and interior volume determine whether it is a coupe or sedan? And the "assymetrical wheel" complaint like it is something new. My 93 Vette came stock from the factory with directional wheels. But then it also had different sizes front and rear and directional tires (no rotating those puppies). Point is, that is hardly a "style trend" when the Corvette had them as far back as 1984 as a functional feature to help cool the brakes on the C4.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Recent article about automotive design trends I found funny. by Robert Bolin #42288
Great article! While I agree with some of his observations, they are rather ill-informed. by John Kuvakas #42288.1Moderator
Interesting. But fake grilles, exhaust tips and vents are nothing new. They've been around, by Duncan Pohl #42288.1.1
I thought it was quite good. Did the writer manage it all during playtime? (EOM) by John Roberts #42288.2
HA! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #42288.2.1Moderator
+1! (EOM) by David Holcombe #42288.2.1.1
Pretty eloquent for a pre-schooler. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42288.2.2
The try hard school of journalism. Child like and boring but ok really. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #42288.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone