Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Kuvakas Moderator
Posted On: Tuesday May 14, 2019 at 2:39 PM

Great article! While I agree with some of his observations, they are rather ill-informed.
If a manufacturer wants to call his car a coupe, then it's a coupe regardless of what others may think. After all, it was the car makers that first came up with these designations. I always smile a bit when someone says something like, "That's not a Bulgemobile!" when the nameplate clearly says "Bulgemobile."

On the other hand, I love light-up badges, they remind me of the lighted Indian on Pontiacs. I totally agree on fake exhaust tips and grilles that are blocked off but--if other folks like them, who am I to criticize? To me, the gigantic grilles on some of the Asian designs are hideous. Fortunately for them, my opinion doesn't seem to have much impact on their sales!

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Recent article about automotive design trends I found funny. by Robert Bolin #42288
Great article! While I agree with some of his observations, they are rather ill-informed. by John Kuvakas #42288.1Moderator
Interesting. But fake grilles, exhaust tips and vents are nothing new. They've been around, by Duncan Pohl #42288.1.1
I thought it was quite good. Did the writer manage it all during playtime? (EOM) by John Roberts #42288.2
HA! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #42288.2.1Moderator
+1! (EOM) by David Holcombe #42288.2.1.1
Pretty eloquent for a pre-schooler. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42288.2.2
The try hard school of journalism. Child like and boring but ok really. (EOM) by Bruce Gibbins #42288.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone