Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Kuvakas Moderator
Posted On: Wednesday May 15, 2019 at 11:45 AM

I don't care much for them either. But some markets pay more attention to the interior.
Which explains anomalies like the current Rolls Royce. The interior on this Lexus minivan is nothing short of incredible! I think some folks see the huge and, to me, ungainly grille as a statement that their vehicle is unique and totally unlike some of the more generic designs out there.

Here's the interior of the new Lexus.

I have to admit, my last new car purchase had more to do with what was inside than how it looked outside. I wanted comfortable and supportive seats for a long drive, all the bells and whistles I could cram into it and leather. I spend far more time sitting in the car than I do looking at it from the outside. I've had far too many cars the looked great but were uncomfortable or just plain difficult to drive.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

2019 Lexus LM, what are they thinking with the grill ?? by Dick Johnson #42302
Honest to God, I don't know how they sell these things... by Terence Slekar #42302.1
Most of the huge mouth grill designs are hideous. Who is buying them??? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42302.1.1
Apparently quite a few. The van is designed for the Chinese market and will not be available here. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #42302.1.1.1Moderator
I'm sure their market research will be credible but it doesn't grab me at all. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42302.1.1.1.1
I don't care much for them either. But some markets pay more attention to the interior. by John Kuvakas #42302.1.1.1.1.1Moderator
I agree that comfort now plays a far larger part of my car buying decision too; hence the SUV craze. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42302.1.1.1.1.1.1
I'm hoping it won't be available anywhere! (EOM) by John Roberts #42302.1.1.1.2
You should thank yourselves lucky that you will not have something this awful to assail by Bruce Gibbins #42302.1.1.1.3
I would pass, but then I'd have to look at that monstrosity in my rear view mirror! (EOM) by Duncan Pohl #42302.2
It would be great for growing roses or perhaps ivy (EOM) by John Roberts #42302.3
Darth Vader? (EOM) by Joe Libricz #42302.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone