Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Monday June 10, 2019 at 12:04 PM

75 years ago today, one of the worst atrocities of the 2nd world war was committed against the occupants of Oradour Sur Glane, France. Since the entire village was massacred, it has been left as a memorial, exactly as it was as the Nazis left it. The burnt out houses, shops and garages still contain the remnants of individual's possessions. This car, which had pulled up at the main junction, along with all others in the village, has been sitting in the same place ever since.
A very moving experience for those who get the chance to visit.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Some history from WW2 75 years ago, by Dick Johnson #42740
I've read about and have seen videos regarding this town. What a tragedy. (EOM) by Sal Lomma #42740.1
I can't believe I've never heard of this atrocity! I wonder why not???? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42740.2
I visited this place about 12 years ago. It is indeed a sobering experience... by John Roberts #42740.3
John, were you told the reason for the German army massacring civilians like this? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42740.3.1
I found it. Apparent retaliation for French Resistance holding a German officer. Monsters. by Jack Dodds #42740.3.1.1
It seems so awful and is was that awful. I fear however by Bruce Gibbins #42740.3.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone