Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Monday June 10, 2019 at 1:45 PM

This Vespa reminds me of one of the most fun trips I have ever had.
My first wife and I left San Diego heading for Portland, Oregon in our 1970 Subaru 360.
Going up the Grapevine out of Los Angeles we got blocked in on both sides and front and rear by semi's and our speed was 28 MPH. The truckers were blowing their horns and I would blow mine and we waved and laughed and had a great time. We were down there where we were looking right into their hub caps.
That little Subaru didn't miss a beat and once down the other side I could do 64 MPH flat out.
Some 1300 miles later we pulled into Portland with a great memory and a lot of fun. I would do it again if I had the chance. These are awesome little cars.
This was the same 360 that I got a ticket in for going to slow on the 405 freeway in Costa Mesa, California and again I was flat out at 64 MPH and the CHP pulled me over and gave me a ticket because the posted speed was 70, the ticket was canceled once I explained about the car.

Vespa and a semi.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

My story with a 1970 Subaru 360, by Dick Johnson #42746
Good story. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #42746.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone