Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Roberts
Posted On: Tuesday June 11, 2019 at 3:38 AM

I visited this place about 12 years ago. It is indeed a sobering experience...
there are no added memorials, signs or 'helpful' posters, just the ruins of the village including the molten mass of the church bell which fell to the ground through the burned out rafters of the tower. The church was where the women and children fled for sanctuary and protection - to no avail as they were all killed.
At the entrance to the area a little way from the village is the information area which tells the story of what happened.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Some history from WW2 75 years ago, by Dick Johnson #42740
I've read about and have seen videos regarding this town. What a tragedy. (EOM) by Sal Lomma #42740.1
I can't believe I've never heard of this atrocity! I wonder why not???? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42740.2
I visited this place about 12 years ago. It is indeed a sobering experience... by John Roberts #42740.3
John, were you told the reason for the German army massacring civilians like this? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #42740.3.1
I found it. Apparent retaliation for French Resistance holding a German officer. Monsters. by Jack Dodds #42740.3.1.1
It seems so awful and is was that awful. I fear however by Bruce Gibbins #42740.3.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone