Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dan Vincent
Posted On: Tuesday June 11, 2019 at 3:55 PM

Just found this.

https://flemingsbond.com/studillac/

In 1953 there were three beautiful cars introduced, the Chevy Corvette, the Buick Skylark and the sleek Studebaker hardtop coupe.

The Studebaker was my favorite of the three and Bill Frick made a super nice conversion with a Cadillac V8 engine.

DM finally made a 53 coupe just before tossing in the towel on their superb 1/24 diecast line and I never got the chance to suggest a Studillac for their Custom & Hot Rod series.

DM made many Cadillac models which could be cannibalized for an engine source.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Anyone remember the ‘53-‘55 Studillac? by Dan Vincent #42764
The Cadillac engine was a popular swap in a lot of cars. Mercury was another one. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #42764.1
I put an Olds engine in a ‘49 Mercury. Didn’t have to modify the steering arms. by Dan Vincent #42764.1.1
I remember seeing in Hot Rod Magazine a 49 Fordillac - an old Ford with Caddy engine by Ron Dietrich #42764.2
Yes, I know a man who had one back in the day. (EOM) by John Bono #42764.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone