Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – The Lounge – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Wednesday August 7, 2019 at 2:00 PM

The Packard is the epitome of "classic," and any one of the Hudsons makes me
regret the end of that firm. The largely unknown Diamond T is worthy of more information. Great choices!

(later) I found that Diamond T, being offered by Mecum auctions. Here is the description given by Mecum:

Inline 4-cylinder engine
Downdraft carburetor
Manual transmission
Cream with Red interior
Chrome bumpers and grille
Red painted steel wheels
Chrome hubcaps and trim rings
Wide Whitewall tires

Founded in 1905, Diamond T is best known for the big rigs built during its storied history, which began winding down after the White Motor Company bought things out in 1958. The Chicago firm initially remained an individual division, though later merged with another White acquisition, Reo, to form Diamond Reo in 1967. Long forgotten are the cars briefly built by Diamond T during its earliest years, as well as three wood-bodied station-wagon prototypes that appeared in 1938, 1945 and 1946. The only one of this uncharacteristic trio known to survive is 1945’s “Diamond Traveler,” which is offered here. Originally owned by Company Founder and President C.A. Tilt, it was often used to transport clients around the Windy City. It was built on a shortened one-ton truck chassis mounting narrowed axles resulting in car-like parameters: a 100-inch wheelbase and 54-inch track. Its woody body featured mahogany panels framed by white oak, and its powertrain consisted of a Continental 4-cylinder flathead backed by a Borg Warner T9 3-speed manual transmission.

Go back to Diecast Forums – The Lounge – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: A few for your viewing pleasure, enjoy, by Dick Johnson #43582
'35 Ford please, it's GREEN.x 2. (EOM) by Bruce Parsons #43582.1
Except the top looks like it's 3 sizes too big... (EOM) by Terence Slekar #43582.1.1
The Packard is the epitome of "classic," and any one of the Hudsons makes me by David Holcombe #43582.2
The Cadillac is clearly not a 1948. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #43582.2.1
One of your better photo postings, Dick, thanks. (EOM) by Terry Daly #43582.3
+1! thanks Dick (EOM) by Geoff Jowett #43582.3.1
And we all know why so many of these are green is because the by Don Anderson #43582.4
* * * HAVE TO HAVE IT * * * 1934 Packard Twelve - Please? ... & ... Thank You * * * (EOM) by Dennis Mong #43582.5
The Diamond T woody is new to me! Don't recall this body at all (EOM) by Jack Dodds #43582.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone