Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Saturday August 10, 2019 at 5:20 PM

The TA Javelins were built in September of 1969 for the 1970 model year. The idea was to promote the factory racing program and the addition of Penske and Mark Donohue to the AMC factory team. They built only 100 of these very special cars bearing the special red, white, and blue paint scheme, as well as every go-fast option you could want.

There are fewer than 50 of these cars in existence today. The AMC experts have repeatedly commented that this is likely the finest AMC in the world.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC: 1970 AMC TA Javelin, by Dick Johnson #43612
'69 grill, would have preferred the '70 grill in a car called a '70; I like the '70 grill best. (EOM) by Bruce Parsons #43612.1
But that IS the '70 grille...??? (EOM) by Jani Bodmann #43612.1.1
Nice car but I recall thinking why would someone want a new car painted like that? by Jack Dodds #43612.2
So what was/is your opinion on the wings and nose cones of the Superbird and Daytona cars? by BenD Lampson #43612.2.1
We used to laugh at them on the street. I thought they were ugly then and I still do. by Jack Dodds #43612.2.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone