Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Friday September 6, 2019 at 9:17 AM

This is a twin to mine except mine had a red interior. V8, automatic and power steering, sweet car.

I lived in Long Beach, California and was looking for a Studebaker Lark to buy.
I saw an ad in the Auto Trader for one and I called the guy and made arrangements to meet him in Costa Mesa.
I couldn't wait to get there because this Lark looked great in the pictures.
When I drove in to the parking lot where we agreed to meet I saw it and fell in love with this beautiful car.
After some greeting time I looked the Lark over and it was as close to perfect as it could be.
He told me how his mother bought it new and she had now passed away so he just wanted to sell it as he had no room or desire to keep it because he wasn't in to old cars and just wanted it to go to someone who would really enjoy it.
So after some time of just visiting and getting to know more of the story of this car He said his mom would have wanted me to have it.
He said I want you to take it and he said if you can pay me some day that would be fine but if not just enjoy it. So he handed me the keys and the title and we said so long.
He really was a great guy and I was blown away by his just giving it to me that way.
This was in 1982 and I did pay him over time and kept the Lark for a long time.
Some time later dealing with a devorce it was time for the Lark to go so I sold it to a guy who had a black one in great condition and that was the last I saw of the Lark sad to say.
It was a great experiance and to this day I wish I had tried harder to keep it.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

My story of a 1960 Studebaker Lark, by Dick Johnson #44003
Good story. (EOM) by Frank Kocour #44003.1
Amazing how fresh the Lark looked in 1960 considering it was based on a 1953 design! (EOM) by Barry Levittan #44003.2
+1 Studebaker definitely got their moneys worth using that body shell. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44003.2.1
Great story. These cars are quite plain but for some reason I always liked them. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44003.3
The local police dept bought 4 Larks and within 6 months rolled 3 of them. (EOM) by Bruce Parsons #44003.4
Sounds like a driver training issue. Not used to the shorter wheelbase at high speeds I suppose. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44003.4.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone