Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by Sheila Kelly (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Dick Johnson
Posted On: Friday September 6, 2019 at 9:43 AM

In 1973 my first wife and I lived in a small mobile home and it had a nice side porch that we enjoyed sitting on in the summer. The house next door was owned by the same guy and my folks lived in it so we had a nice place to live. This was in Roseburg, Oregon and I also worked as a checker at the Safeway store in town.
One afternoon I saw a black 1957 Lincoln pull up in front. The guy got out, came over and introduced himself and said he heard that I liked old cars.
I said yes and he went on to tell me that he bought this Lincoln Premiere new from Si Dillards Lincoln Mercury and he was not able to drive much longer and he wanted me to have this car.
It was a real beauty, black with all black interior, and he gave it to me and just wanted me to drive him back home in it so I did.
I enjoyed the car for a long time and ended up selling it as I was moving and had no way to keep it at the time.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Just another one of my stories to share, by Dick Johnson #44004
" THAT" ... That is a Nice looking car ... And I do NOT give that out freely at all !!! (EOM) by Dennis Mong #44004.1
Your lucky day. Great story and a great looking car. (EOM) by John Bono #44004.2
What a nice man he was! Nice to hear such stories. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44004.3
He didn't know you, and he gave you that car? (EOM) by BenD Lampson #44004.4
WOW! What a story. This is not the first car that was given to you, right? (EOM) by Frank Kocour #44004.5
Wow. (EOM) by Al Dorado #44004.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone