Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Frank Kocour
Posted On: Thursday October 3, 2019 at 9:45 AM

Great video! Reinforces to me how quickly time passes. I have forgotten how long ago many of the
necessities and luxuries we still use today were invented. Also painfully shows how quickly things become outdated and are replaced by less expensive items with more features.

The $150 Sony Walkman that played only one tape of one performer has been replaced by an MP3 audio/video/recorder/player the size of a matchbook that is blue ray equipped, holds 30,000+ songs and costs $29 (including shipping).

The painful part is that I hang on to things for many years, repairing them rather than replace them. So, when it's time to get rid of items, I remember how much I paid for them and how painfully little they are worth now.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

New Inventions 1950-1979 by John Kuvakas #44348ModeratorZone Diplomat
Great video! Reinforces to me how quickly time passes. I have forgotten how long ago many of the by Frank Kocour #44348.1
Amazing how time flies! Thanks for this JK.....and yes the music is awesome. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44348.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone