Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: steve kiraly
Posted On: Thursday October 10, 2019 at 7:53 PM

Our wonderful government under Obama forced GM into eliminating brands. So, although Pontiac outsold
Buick in the US, Buick outsold Pontiac worldwide mainly because of China. So, the Poncho got punched.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

What happened to Pontiac? by John Kuvakas #44473ModeratorZone Diplomat
What a shame! (EOM) by John Bono #44473.1
Watching that vid makes me sadly yearn for my '70 Trans-Am. At least by Steve Jakubczak #44473.1.1
Pontiac Demise by Rand Anderson #44473.2
I will never buy another GM product because of the Pontiac/Olds demise. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44473.3
I used to be upset when Pontiac and other brands eliminated. Then it dawned on me that the by George Schire #44473.4
Yeah...but...but....the history and nostalgia of the name means a lot to me. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44473.4.1
I agree. But, by the time they ceased production... by John Kuvakas #44473.4.1.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
Back in the day each brand was a separate division under GM's corporate flag.. The cars produced by Bruce Gibbins #44473.5
So with regard to "brand loyalty", what if Chevy decided to call their next car Pontiac? by George Schire #44473.5.1
We are both on the same page, George. Scope my post again..... by Bruce Gibbins #44473.5.1.1
George and Bruce I agree with both of your thoughts. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #44473.5.1.1.1
True enough you guys, but depressing. Makes vintage cars more important! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44473.5.1.1.1.1
Our wonderful government under Obama forced GM into eliminating brands. So, although Pontiac outsold by steve kiraly #44473.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone