Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Don Anderson
Posted On: Monday November 4, 2019 at 1:57 PM

This is a good discussion but there are lot of variables. Certainly
scale of the model is one. Features is another. I'm not into opening doors and playing with them. But most important is correct shape of the car. As a scale model hobbyist I think we are used to seeing much better realism from kit makers than the die-cast market sees. But it is getting better. And there are some shapes that nobody can seem to get right. Which may stem from what it looks like in actual size to what it appears to be in a smaller scale.
And next is the right colors. There's a lot to be learned there too.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Buyers price point by Rand Anderson #44890
That's a pretty challenging figure for a detailed model. by John Kuvakas #44890.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
I don't have one. I base my decision to buy on the model offered. by John Merritt #44890.2
Right now I'm adding 1/24 models and kits to my collection. by Bruce Gibbins #44890.2.1
This is a good discussion but there are lot of variables. Certainly by Don Anderson #44890.2.1.1
I'm enjoying my collection as is but if something struck my fancy I would go up to $200. (EOM) by John Bono #44890.3
It is totally up to how much I love the model. I TRY to use a little common sense. LOL. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44890.4
I have no limit. If it is a Cadillac I want, price is no object. (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #44890.5
$180. for a 1/18 is my highest and my limit. (EOM) by Gary Rockwood #44890.6
Depends on scale and other factors. by Robert Bolin #44890.7

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone