Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Bruce Gibbins
Posted On: Wednesday November 6, 2019 at 6:58 PM

Most tourist have a visit to the Arizona Memorial scheduled when visiting Hawaii.
My wife, Carol-Ann and myself, were no exceptions to this.
Our visit to the USS Arizona was an extremely heart wrenching experience and something that will be engraved in my memory for ever.

I was raised on stories of the Pearl Harbor attack along side many examples of Japanese barbarity during the Pacific war. Both my parents were serving members of the military during those years of incredable violance, heroisim, courage and sacrifice.

But now we are all friends again and most combatants have now sadly passed. Their children are getting close to that point now too.

The USS Arizona memorial will help keep history alive for generations to come. Hopefully the memorial will serve to inspire more great deeds and service among future generations.

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Here is some history I thought you might like, good article, enjoy, by Dick Johnson #44920
Great story - I proudly served aboard USS Nimitz... by Terence Slekar #44920.1
Thank-you Dick for posting that bit of history. I've shared it with family & friends. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #44920.1.1
And Mr. Slekar, a big Thank-you for your service. Vietnam was winding down in '71 so I by Steve Jakubczak #44920.1.2
Terence ... Thank you sir for your sacrifice and standing tall for Old Glory ... Thank you sir - (EOM) by Dennis Mong #44920.1.3
Most tourist have a visit to the Arizona Memorial scheduled when visiting Hawaii. by Bruce Gibbins #44920.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone