Legacy Motors Presents THE LOUNGE: Hosted by John Kuvakas (Sheila K)
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mike DeTorrice
Posted On: Thursday November 7, 2019 at 11:45 PM

the 1962 Dodge and Plymouth cars was polarizing, not only because of the style, but also because it had unfortunately been suddenly downsized at the last moment which threw off Vigil Exner's original S-Series ideas for the Dodge, Plymouth and DeSoto lines (and was eventually meant for Chrysler and Imperial stylings, too)

The 1962 Dodge design was one of the most radical, especially in it's grille, headlight and front-end treatment.

Here is a short animation I made that uses a recently-posted snap of the Dodge to experiment with varying front-end stylings. There are six variations, starting with the actual design and, at 2 second intervals, stepping through 5 additional ideas. Do any of them look promising to you and do you think it might have helped sales a bit in that very slow year for Dodge ?

Mike

Go back to Diecast Forums The Lounge Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(Video) The controversial design of by Mike DeTorrice #44946
Great idea ! I like the full width grill with the exposed outboard headlights. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #44946.1
I like just the inboard headlights. (EOM) by steve kiraly #44946.2
Me too....the last example would have sold much better IMO. by Jack Dodds #44946.2.1
Your version #4 looks the best. High outboard lights - clean grill treatment. (EOM) by Rick Scoville #44946.3
I agree, it's an improvement. by John Kuvakas #44946.3.1ModeratorZone Diplomat
I concur. (EOM) by Al Dorado #44946.3.2
While I have always really liked the 62 Dodge and Plymouth by Dick Johnson #44946.4
I thought Dodge did a great job of better balancing the look of the nose in 1963. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44946.4.1
Great set-up Mike but I always loved this oh-so-kooky-venus styling. (EOM) by Christopher Moroni #44946.5
I have always thought the 62 Plymouth nose with the Dodge tail end would have been better. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #44946.5.1
Mike, I believe #'s 5 & 6 are positive changes that helped the flow. Not sure if they would by Terry Daly #44946.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone